Monday, September 21, 2015

Turtle Sitting

Just spent a little over 2 weeks turtle sitting for my brother and sister-in-law's turtle Mookie in my childhood town of Alexandria, VA while they went out to Utah to hike.  Yes, turtle sitting.  Several years ago I did this for their (now deceased) dog and this same turtle while they went to Hawaii on vacation.  Mookie's a 4 inch in diameter box turtle that has the personality of a rock . . . don't tell them that!  He eats very little, moves very little and requires only slightly more care than a houseplant.

Here he is taking his morning swim.  His daily rations are on the feeding rock . . . I will scoop them up at the end of the day and, most likely, throw them all out.  In the two weeks that I was there, I only noticed that he took a small bite out of a strawberry . . . how does he survive?

I had much more fun visiting with friends and relatives while I was there!

Crashed a wedding in Chesapeake Beach


  Sat at an outdoor bar/restaurant having a Cosmo while watching this couple we didn't know get married.  Who doesn't like a wedding!



Got crabs at Abner's 
with Susie . . . my BFF since 4th grade 

Nothing like pickin' fresh crabs on the Chesapeak Bay!







Attended the Maryland State Fair

It was Bee Week







Lots of "home crafts" 


Quilts





Baskets







Hooked rugs
Demonstrations







And . . .
someone won a second place ribbon stitching my freebie "God Bless America"!
So fun to see one of my designs here ! ! !

Animals EVERYWHERE

A calf born while we were eating lunch . . .
Piglets having their lunch . . .


Pigs racing and swimming . . .


and wooden animals!


Look for more adventures from my trip tomorrow . . .  ~*

No comments:

Post a Comment